We want as many people as possible to participate in Eastleigh Transition Network, and for everyone involved to find something which brings enjoyment and satisfaction. Here are some of the ways you can take part in our fascinating and important journey to a lower energy future…
Cut down on your own carbon footprint (annual savings):
|Action||Money Saved||CO2 (kg) Saved|
|Turn off lights when you leave a room||£6||25|
|Change 3 light bulbs to low energy||£2.50||10|
|Turn off all standbys||£40||160|
|Wash laundry at 30° C||£10||45|
|Walk or cycle and reduce your weekly car use by five miles||£45||85|
|Boil only the amount of water needed||£6||27|
|Turn the thermostat down by 1° C||£50||260|
|Turn off taps when brushing teeth (saving 8000 litres)||£18||8|
If you have a special interest or passion:
- Join a theme group. See a list of all current groups.
- Join a project team. See each of the groups, and let us know if anything interests you.
- Start a new theme group or project. For help getting a group or project off the ground please contact us. Or you can submit your idea on our forum.
If you have time (Current Opportunities):
We don’t currently have any paid positions, however we always welcome an extra pair of hands! If you have time for a little or a lot and whether or not you have experience, you’ll be most welcome. If you are interested, please register with us.
If you have something to give:
- Support us financially. We are a grassroots voluntary organisation, so if you’d like to make a monetary donation please contact us.
- Donate something useful – if you think you have something useful ETNet could use, please get in touch by emailing us.
If you want to find out more: